5-Ingredient Collagen Bars
These are way better than store bought protein bars. Plus, they taste like cake batter and literally melt. in. your. mouth.*lick emoji* These bars provide fat-burning MCT's, thanks to Brain Octane and gut-healing glycine thanks to collagen. Did I mention they are keto-friendly and contain no added sugar. Sweet! To up the sweetness factor, dip the chilled bars in melted cacao wafers.
1/2 cup coconut butter, melted
1/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon grass-fed collagen protein
1 Tablespoon Brain Octane MCT oil
1/2 tsp Madagascar vanilla extract
Pinch of sea salt
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, combine the melted coconut butter and collagen.
3. Add the MCT oil, which will help "pull together" the mixture.
4. Add the vanilla and a pinch of salt.
5. Transfer the mixture to the baking sheet and form into a square with your hands. Score the square with a knife to create 6 small bars. Chill in the freezer until firm, about 10 minutes. Then cut into bars along the scored marks.
6. Store in a silicone stasher bag in the fridge. If desired, let soften slightly at room temperature before eating.
Makes 6 bars
1 bar: 180 calories, 17g fat, 5g carbohydrates, 4g fiber, 1g net carbohydrates, 1g sugar, 5.5g protein